I don't normally use or plan to use this space for job postings. But I know a number of people still looking for their next career phase, and this came across my email inbox, and I wanted to share it. Since it came in the body of an email, and not with a link, I'm pasting the copy from the email here. The gal who sent it offers to provide an application link for those who are interested. And I do have a connection or two at Expedia via LinkedIn, if anyone's interested.
My manager at Egencia (Expedia Corporate Travel) left last week and they just posted the role. I'm really hopeful that they get a good person in and the role and what better way to try and make that happen that see if my friends know anyone who would be a good fit? If you know of someone send them my email and I'll be able to send them a referral link through which to apply--and I'm more than happy to tell them about the team (which includes me!) and the Marketing VP they would be reporting to.
The job description is pasted below.
As the Director, Global Marketing Communications, you will be an integral part of the Egencia worldwide leadership team. Egencia is a fast-growing, dynamic company competing against entrenched, traditional players like American Express and fast-moving technology start-ups. Egencia wins because we combine innovation with service, nimbleness with scale.
In this role, you will report to the VP, Global Marketing. You will have four primary responsibilities:
(1) Leading the definition and implementation of our Global PR strategy
(2) Optimizing the use of our various communication channels (PR, social media, web, etc.)
(3) Leading Egencia’s thought leadership effort through the production of Marketing programs and content (white papers, case studies, sales collaterals)
(4) Supervising the evolution of our brand guidelines
Other responsibilities include:
• Managing a team of 7 people
• Defining and executing Egencia Worldwide PR strategy
• Planning, research and production of communication vehicles such as sales presentations, collateral, whitepapers, articles, advertisements and social media.
• Supervising the evolution of company’s brand, thought leadership position and value proposition and will communicate those concepts in a variety of materials.
• Ensuring consistent voice, branding and messaging across communications including linking organizational goals and unique selling points with communication objectives, strategies, messages and vehicles.
• Developing and sustaining an understanding of key industry issues and company operations. Following key industry trends, technologies and cultural influences for inspiration on new product positioning and communication strategies.
• Serving as a representative of the global marketing communications departments with internal and external clients.
• Interviewing company stakeholders to gain information for use in marketing materials and coordinate various levels of production and execution with other groups within Egencia.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• 5+ years similar experience required
• E-commerce or B2B experience
• A passion for communication
• Very strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally at all levels)
• Very strong process and project management skills
• Ability to work on a complex, diverse and changing environment
• Ability to embrace creativity, innovation and open to new ideas.
• Experience working in an international environment
• Experience working with print, web and social media communications in a corporate environment and within the realm of marketing
• Ability to work effectively and creatively in a team environment
Job ID #: 16025
Location: USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area: Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided: No